2.Oakland is made up of tech and civic leaders, entrepreneurs and educators working to nurture, grow and support Oakland’s tech and innovation ecosystem. Our primary activities are:
- Hosting public tech networking and education events
- Connecting existing tech and innovation companies with startups, and each other
- Working with civic, government and other organizations to support a sustainable, tech friendly environment
Mon, April 24, 2017
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
Port Workspaces @ City Center
555 12th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
- Celebrate women founders with a screening of “She Started It”, a documentary about female entrepreneurs navigating the startup landscape – from pitching VC’s to launching products in the market.
- We’ll follow the screening with a panel discussion with local founders
Our History In March 2010, Joe Kennedy of Pandora, Patrick Hurley of Skytide, Alex Bernstein of North Social and other Oakland business leaders came together to figure out a cool way to connect innovative technology companies in Oakland. “InOak” was born.
As a group of volunteers, our first two years were focused on hosting a variety of networking and educational events. In late 2011, we realized we had outgrown our inwardly focused InOak brand and sought to find a new name that clearly reflects our intentions to connect technology companies. In March 2012, we launched our new 2.Oakland brand at the Pandora headquarters and have never looked back! Today, 2.Oakland is an organization comprised of companies and individuals working and living in Oakland, California who are dedicated to creating a thriving tech and innovation ecosystem for Oakland and the East Bay.